Sign up for e-Newsletters from the Birmingham Shopping District and City of Birmingham at www.bit.ly/bhamnews.
BSD Monthly Meeting Schedule
Merchant Meeting Information
Get the Latest News for Businesses with News & Notes
Download the latest issue of News & Notes - the Birmingham Shopping District's monthly e-Newsletter for businesses.
Benefits Provided by the Birmingham Shopping District
The BSD provides many programs and services that assist businesses, property owners and the entire business district. Learn more by downloading our BSD benefits letter.
We're paving the way to a more beautiful downtown! While Old Woodward receives important infrastructure upgrades this summer, the Birmingham Shopping District wants to make sure it’s “business as usual” for everyone by offering great perks for shoppers. Learn about all of the Pave the Way incentives on the project website, www.bhamgov.org/downtowninfrastructure.
Understanding Birmingham Bonus Bucks (BBB)
The Birmingham Shopping District (BSD) is spreading the word: shops will be open and accessible throughout construction! As an extra incentive for shoppers, the BSD is offering Birmingham Bonus Bucks (BBB) throughout construction! Instructions for shoppers can be found at www.ALLINBirmingham.com/BBB. Instructions for merchants are as follows:
- $20 in Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be awarded to shoppers for every $100 spent at BSD retailers, and for every $200 spent at BSD restaurants between April 9 and July 15, or until the promotion maximum has been reached. A restaurant is defined as any BSD business that serves food and beverages.
- Merchants who redeem Birmingham Bonus Bucks should immediately write the store name and date on the BBB.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks will be numbered and embossed – they should only be redeemed by merchants if they have the proper markings on them. Please note all Birmingham Bonus Bucks expire on July 25, 2018.
- Merchants should direct shoppers to www.ALLINBirmingham.com/BBB for details about how to receive their BBBs.
- Merchants will bring collected BBBs to the BSD office. The BSD will record the number of BBBs redeemed at each store and will process reimbursement checks monthly.
- Birmingham Bonus Bucks must be turned in to the BSD office by August 15th for reimbursement – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Questions should be directed to the BSD at 248-530-1200.
Sponsoring a BSD special event is a great way to gain exposure and support the community. Download the 2018 BSD Event Sponsorship Packet for sponsorship opportunities that meet all budgets. Thank you for your support!
Valet Parking in Birmingham
Throughout construction enjoy FREE Two-Hour Valet Parking (then $5 for each additional hour), Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Offered at four locations:
- North Old Woodward Ave. near Willits
- Henrietta near Maple
- South Old Woodward near Brown
- Hamilton Row near Ferndale
Old Woodward Construction
Learn about the City's upcoming downtown infrastructure improvements and project phases at www.bhamgov.org/downtowninfrastructure. To receive updates on the project, sign up for the "Old Woodward Reconstruction News for Businesses" group at www.bit.ly/bhamnews.
All Public Notices distributed by the City can be accessed all in one place at www.bhamgov.org/publicnotices. The City of Birmingham distributes public notices to make residents and businesses aware of important information and/or changes within your community. You’ll find a variety of notice categories on this page to help you learn what's happening around your home or business. This page is updated frequently and you’ll see a “NEW” icon next to the most recent notice added to the page. Learn more about other City Communications tools at www.bhamgov.org/stayintouch.
Birmingham BSD Employee Discount Program registration form
Birmingham BSD Employee Discount Program participating merchants
Birmingham BSD Ambassador Program registration form
The City of Birmingham recently released information about window signage regulations and tips to help make signs visible while maintaining high standards. Download the information today.
Register as a Chamber Bucks Merchant
There's still time to register as a merchant in the new Chamber Bucks gift certificate program. Registering is free to all BSD businesses who agree to accept the certificates. Gift certificates are purchased and redeemed at FULL face value, and there's no monthly admin fee. The registration process takes only a few minutes online! Complete this form using the Invitation Code BBCC to enroll as a merchant. You will receive an automated email with the next steps to complete the process. For more information contact Bonnie Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-430-7686.
Birmingham Fire Department's Safety Information for Businesses
The Birmingham Fire Department encourages businesses to learn about fire protection systems and proper testing and maintenance procedures. Download the information on the City's web site.
Birmingham Fire Dept. Recommends Knox-Boxes